BE A PART OF MAKING THE BEST SKI MAPS IN THE WORLD
HELP SKIERS GET THE BEST EXPERIENCE IN YOUR HOME RESORT
GIVE PEOPLE THE BEST INFORMATION, JOIN OUR COMMUNITY AND GET PAID
We’re looking for experts in each resort we cover. These chosen individuals will be the authority in their chosen resort – providing the route descriptions, area information and other points of interest. This is a PAID role, but it’s also a chance to build your reputation in the skiing community. You’ll be credited with all content and add to our website as a leading member of the FATMAP community.
WHAT WE’RE WE LOOKING FOR…
You must know the terrain like the back of your hand. This includes terrain of all difficulties and lesser known lines.
We don’t need you to be a journalist, but we need some decent writing skills. If you’ve blogged, or written things recently that is a huge plus!
You have a genuine passion for this industry and love our product and what we are trying to do.
Arosa and Lenzerheide
Adelboden & Lenk
Megeve & Les Contamines
La Toussuire & Le Corbier
Valloire & Valmeinier
La Clusaz & Le Grand Bornand
Zell am Ziller
La Thuile & La Rosiere
Treble Cone (New Zeland)
Kranjska Gora (Slovenia)
Las Lenas (Argentina)
HOW YOU CAN HELP…
- Contribute content for an entire resort
- Piste experts can write solely about the piste/trail map
- Off-piste experts get paid for writing about the unmarked terrain
- Troubleshooting and updating existing maps
If this sounds like you and you’re passionate about a resort then continue reading….
The skills/experience you need –
- Knowledge: Expertise of either the Resort Map OR the Off-Piste features for a resort.
- Writing skills: We want your writing to excite our users, by giving insights into the terrain and features which you can’t get from traditional maps.
- Passion: You need to be passionate about the resort AND being part of the most sophisticated adventure mapping company yet.
- Resort network: We want you to love what we are doing and make people aware of what we are looking to achieve.
For a new opportunity to contribute to your home resort, be credited with authoring the map’s information and to get involved with a rapidly growing company, send your CV/LinkedIn profile or anything you think will inspire us to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We can’t wait to hear from you.
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
Overview of Elements
- Name of Trail
- Difficulty of Trail
- Lifts used to access trail
- Type (Moguls, Trees, Powder, Cruisers)
- Rating 1-5 Stars (Is this a classic or is it nothing special?_
- Short Description of trail (2 lines, 255 characters max)
- Full Description (3-4 Sentences, possibly more for more technical terrain)
Some examples of what you might include in the descriptions:
- What kind of run is this? Is it a tree run, a groomer, a bump run?
- Is this a well known or popular run?
- Are there any terrain features that a skier should be aware of?
- Is the run great for a specific ability level? I.e. “perfect for intermediates wanting to try out a blue run”
- When is the run busy or quiet? Times to avoid?
- When is the run in the sun? Is it prone to being really icy in the morning/slushy in the afternoon?
- What are the best times of year?
- Is it easy or hard for the grade? (e.g. good first double black diamond)
- Are there any particular dangers that should be noted: e.g. known to be avalanche prone, cliffs, badly crevassed zones etc.
- Is the route finding difficult? Are there any key waypoints / markers which help?
TELL US WHY YOU’D BE A PERFECT CONTENT CONTRIBUTOR…