Last updated: [October 2014]
- the Fatmap mobile application software (Fatmap App), once you have downloaded a copy of the Fatmap App onto your mobile telephone or handheld device (Device).
- any of the subscriptions accessible through the Fatmap App and services are provided via these subscriptions (Subscriptions).
- the website www.fatmap.com Fatmap (website).
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Terrascope Limited of [8 Brunswick Square, Bristol. BS2 8PE]. Personal data means any information which identifies you, and may include information such as your name, email address, telephone number and position.
2. Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us: You may give us information about you that you submit by using the Fatmap App or by filling in forms on the Fatmap App Site, or by corresponding with us (for example, by e-mail or chat). This includes information you provide when you download or register for the Fatmap App, subscribe to any of our Services, share data via the Fatmap App’s social media functions, and enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with the Fatmap App, our Services, or our website. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, the Device’s phone number, your age, username, password and other registration information, financial and credit card information, personal description and photograph.
- Information we collect about you and your device. Each time you visit ourFatmap App Site or use ourFatmap App we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the type of mobile device you use, a unique device identifier (for example, your Device’s IMEI number, the MAC address of the Device’s wireless network interface, or the mobile phone number used by the Device), mobile network information, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile browser you use, and time zone setting;
- information stored on your Device, including contact information, friends lists, login information, photos, videos or other digital content and check ins;
- details of your use of our Fatmap App or your visits to our Fatmap App Site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
- Location information. We may also use GPS technology to determine your current location if you enable it. Some of our location-enabled Services require your personal data for the feature to work. If you wish to use the particular feature, and enable the Fatmap App for GPS positioning, you will be prompted. You can disable this feature at any time. In certain countries specific consents to make use of your current location are required from you; by accepting this policy you provide this consent.
- Information we receive from other sources (Third Party Information). We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Unique application numbers: when you install or uninstall a Service containing a unique application number or when such a Service searches for automatic updates, that number and information about your installation, for example, the type of operating system, may be sent to us.
- Cookies and similar technologies
In order to collect the anonymous data described in the preceding paragraph, we may use cookie technology on our Site. A cookie is a small piece of information which is sent to your browser and stored on your computer’s hard drive, mobile phone or other device. Cookies do not damage your computer. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie. This enables you to decide if you want to accept it or not. However, some of the services and features offered through our Fatmap App Site may not function properly if your cookies are disabled. We use two types of cookies on our Fatmap App Site:
- Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around our Fatmap App Site and use its features. Without these cookies, Services you have asked for cannot be provided. They are deleted when you close the browser.
- Performance cookies (e.g. Google Analytics): These cookies collect information in an anonymous form about how visitors use our Fatmap App Site. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around the site when they are using it.
We may also use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server, to administer our Site and to improve the service we offer to you. An IP address is a numeric address that identifies your computer on a network, or in this case, the internet. Your IP address might also be used to gather broad demographic information.
We may perform IP lookups to determine which domain you are coming from (i.e. aol.com, yourcompany.com) to more accurately gauge our users’ demographics.
Information from these types of cookies and technologies or about Fatmap App Site usage is not combined with information about you from any other source. None of the cookies or technologies that we use will personally identify you.
To comply with current legislation, we need to ask for your consent to set the performance cookies described above. When you arrive on our Fatmap App Site a notice appears asking for your consent to place performance cookies on your device. By continuing to use our Fatmap App Site or by clicking ‘OK’, we assume that you consent to cookies being placed on your device. If you do not agree please leave our Fatmap App Site immediately. Once your consent has been provided, this message will not appear again when you revisit. If you, or another user of your computer, wish to withdraw your consent at any time, you can do so by altering your browser settings.
4. Uses made of the information
We may use information held about you in a variety of ways.
Except as expressly provided in this policy, we do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to third parties, but we may provide carefully targeted third parties with anonymous aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers, for example, reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in SW1). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
5. Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Terrascope Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request, or a court order or other unlawful demand
- who may be a partner working on our behalf or providing goods or services that may be of interest to you, or to offer you special promotions or offers.
to subcontractors or suppliers who may supply services to us.
- In order to:
- enforce or apply the EULA, and other agreements or to investigate potential breaches; or
- protect the rights, property or safety of Terrascope Limited our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
6. Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions carried out by us or our chosen third-party provider of payment processing services will be encrypted. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain parts of our Fatmap App or our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Fatmap App or our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
We may collect and store personal data on your Device using application data caches and browser web storage (including HTML 5) and other technology.
Certain Services include social networking, chat room or forum features. Ensure when using these features that you do not submit any personal data that you do not want to be seen, collected or used by other users.
7. Your rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by indicating this in the relevant place on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at [8 Brunswick Square, Bristol. BS2 8PE] or [firstname.lastname@example.org].
Our Fatmap App Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates (including, but not limited to, websites on which the Fatmap App or the Services are advertised). If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites and any services that may be accessible through them have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies or for any personal data that may be collected through these websites or services, such as contact and location data. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites or use these services.
8. Access to information
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with that Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.