1 - 2
FATMAP difficulty grade
The first documentary mention of Schippach can be found in a complaint from the year 1380, which shows that the village was owned by the noble family Rüdt von Collenberg.
In 1491 they sold the place to the archbishop of Mainz.
After the dissolution of the Mainz Electorate, the rule changed in rapid succession.
In 1803 Schippach came to the principality of Leinigen, in 1806 the village became Baden, in 1810 Hessian and finally in 1816 Bavarian.
In 1734 an older chapel was replaced by a new church.
It was consecrated to St.
Wendelin, patron saint of shepherds, shepherds and farmers.