1 - 2
FATMAP difficulty grade
Until 1811 Zimmern belonged to Rothenfels and not only the ferry connected these two places.
The Rothenfelser also had threshing and sports fields on the Zimmerner side, where wine used to be cultivated.
In the 19th century, city dwellers from the Rhine-Main region recovered in the summer resort on the sunny banks of the Main.
Directions:Since 1974, Zimmern has belonged to the town of Marktheidenfeld.
It reaches from the north with the lock, the former vineyards and quarries over the village with the road to the south, where the districts of Karbach, Roden and Zimmern meet at the end of the mill-rich Rödertal.
Since the end of the 15th century at the latest, Zimmern has been connected with the town of Rothenfels.
Like Bergrothenfels and Windheim, Zimmern was then a village united with the city and its inhabitants enjoyed all the rights of the city.
When the Würzburg monastery was dissolved in 1803, Zimmern and Rothenfels fell to the Princes of Löwenstein-Wertheim.
Shortly afterwards, the Main became the border and Zimmern became part of the Grand Duchy of Baden until 1819.
Zimmern has been an independent municipality since 1811 and the cultural trail leads through the cultural landscape of Zimmern.
After station 2 at the ferry to Rothenfels follow the tables vineyards and quarries.
From there it goes over the stone meadow at the border to the district Roden down into the Rödertal, where several mills are presented.
The outstation on the road to Marktheidenfeld is the former Mattenstatt monastery.