FATMAP difficulty grade
Route: Lohr a.Main - Partenstein - Neuhütten - Lichtenau - Marktheidenfeld - Lohr a.Main (round tour 67 km) Due to its length, this tour is especially suitable for pedelecs.tourdescriptionThis long round tour leads through the picturesque Spessart forest with its wonderful tree population and its idyllic valley landscapes.
The tour starts in Lohr a.Main and follows the Kahltal-Spessart cycle path along the meadow valley of the Lohr to Neuhütten.
From here, you have to master a proper ascent in the forest before you can cross the B 26 at altitude and start the descent to Lichtenau.
Here the famous Hafenlohr valley is reached, which the tour then follows on a small road until it flows into the Main.
20 km to the starting point in Lohr a.Main you have the choice between the famous Main cycle path via Zimmern and Erlach a.And here a visit is worthwhile: Lohr a.Main: the gate to the Spessart, Old Town Hall with market square, stately representative building (1599 - 1601) by the Lohr master builder Michael Imkeller, formerly open market hall on the ground floor, early 19th century.
closed, today a venue for concerts, cabaret, lectures, Spessart museum in the castle, since 14th century.
Residence of the Counts of Rieneck, from 1559 of the Mainz Oberamtmänner, from 1814 of the Bavarian Regional Court Lohr, until 1972 District Office; birthplace of the Würzburg and Bamberg Prince-Bishop Franz Ludwig von Erthal (1730 - 1795), Isolator Museum in the old Trafohäuschen, collection of more than 600 insulators from 36 countries, insulators the size of a thimble or a hundredweight, St.
Peter's Church, the largest in the world.
Michael's church with church square, historical churchyard with stone crucifix; catholic parish church St.
Michael, pillar basilica 13th - 15th century built on several predecessor buildings, Romanesque sacristy, church tower 1496 (61 m high), in the choir impressive epitaphs of the counts of Rieneck of the 15th/16th century, Fischerbrunnen, founded in 1983 by the inhabitants of the "Meeviertel" on the occasion of the city anniversary, half-timbered houses at the intersection of Hauptstrasse, Turmstrasse and LohrtorstrassePartenstein: First documented in 1233, from 1339 - 1684 by marriage contract joint dominion of Mainz and Hanau, thereby separated confessions with two churches and until 1967 separated schools, castle ruins castle Bartenstein with excavations, probably around 1180 by the counts of Rieneck on the today's castle hill erected, ethnological museum Ahler Kram, Am Herrenhof 8, on three floors the feudal times, the rural life and the industrial beginnings of the Spessart municipality are illustrated Neuhütten: first mentioned in 1349, former glassworks settlement, almost completely destroyed by the Swedes in the Thirty Years' War, landscape lake, situated in the middle of the village, created in the course of the land consolidation in 1980, cultural trail "From hut to hut", 10 km long circular trail via Wiesthal and Krommenthal with information boards, in particular to the former glassworks-Lichtenau: Located in the middle of the romantic Hafenlohr valley on the border between the districts of Aschaffenburg and Main-Spessart, several guesthouses, whereby the guesthouse "Hochspessart" is one of the oldest summer resorts in the Spessart; famous for a visit by Kurt Tucholsky and two friends in 1927, his enthusiasm for the Spessart landscape was reflected in his works, formerly the stud farm of the arch monastery Mainz-Marktheidenfeld: Franck-Haus, built 1745 by Franz Valentin Franck, wine merchant Johann Georg Andreas Schulz (1735 - 1809) is said to have invented the production of sparkling wine in Germany here, sold to the city in 1987; completion of the renovation work in 1998, today the cultural centre of the city with art exhibitions and events such as concerts and readings, ceremonial hall for weddings and receptions of the city, Kath.
Parish church of St.
Laurentius, built in the 16th century by Prince Bishop Julius Echter of Mespelbrunn as a visible sign of the Catholic reform of the time, four sections in Romanesque/Gothic/baroque and neo-Baroque style, old half-timbered buildings can be admired throughout the cityErlach: (OT von Neustadt a.Main), former skipper's village, first mentioned in 1348, connected with Neustadt a.Main by a footbridge across the MainPflochsbach: (OT von Lohr a.Main), first mentioned in 1192, St.
Jakobuskirche, built by Prince Bishop Julius Echter in 1664, on the left of the choir a late Gothic sacrament house from the time around 1500Sendelbach: (OT von Lohr a.Main), school museum, Sendelbacher Straße 21, focus on the empire (1871 - 1918) and 3.
Reich (1933 - 1945), church St.
Josef, inaugurated in 1971, with altar figures from the old church of 1872, school history museum, nature reserve Rombergalternativ:Rothenfels: smallest town in Bavaria, Rothenfels Castle, in the district of Bergrothenfels, accessible via a staircase behind the parish church, high castle with a mighty keep from 1148, high above the Main River, wonderful view of the old town and the Main River, old town, magnificent half-timbered and town houses for the most part from the 16th century, Town hall, the new town gates and the 17th century hospital, wrought-iron inn signs, house figures from the Baroque and Rococo periods, town hall, late Renaissance building (1598/1599) with volute gables and Corinthian capitals by Michael ImkellerNeustadt a.Main: first mentioned in a document in 769, St.
Michael's Church, rebuilt between 1869 and 1879, is surrounded by an early historical ring wall on the Michaelsberg, Benedictine monastery with the associated museum "Lapidarium", first mentioned in 772, one of the oldest and most important monasteries of its kind in the Franconian region, today a monastery of the Missionary Dominican Sisters, in the museum "Lapidarium" stone monuments and romantic building fragments as well as a cloister.