1 - 2
FATMAP difficulty grade
If you want to avoid the main road, go back the same way from the Schinagl-Kapelle (Pos.
229) or the Reinhartshuber-Bildstock (Pos.
230) and walk west from the car park.
At the edge of the forest, the marked meadow path branches off to Thalgau.
This takes us to the Kogler wayside shrine (pos.
225) and to the Gastberger weather cross (pos.
In the immediate vicinity is the border to Salzburg, where the gallows used to stand, on which the condemned subjects of the Wartenfels lordship were executed (according to the story of locals).
Back at the road we follow it downhill to the Schinagl-Kapelle (Pos.
229) and further under the motorway through to the Reinhartshuber-Bildstock (Pos.
230) at the Bundesstraße.
Shortly we have to follow it to the left, then we cross the Fuschler Ache.
At the Kantinger-Wegkreuz (Pos.
252) we turn left again.
The Voglhuber-Kapelle (pos.
251) is situated a little off the beaten track in the meadow.
Now we return to the main road, which we follow a short distance to the left until we turn right onto the road that takes us in the direction of the motorway.
At the hiking trail (underpass) we come to the parking lot.